A few weeks ago, I thought it would be fun to order a few beauty subscription boxes in several different price ranges and see what you got for your money. Â I will write up a review of all of them individually, then do a recap on them all together. Â I have selected 6 different beauty boxes in 3 different price ranges. Â The first one to arrive was the Popsugar ‘Must Have’ box. Â It costs 39.95/month (PopSugar also has a ‘MINI’ version for $18.95/month). Â This box came with 6 items: 1. Lemon tea towel 2. Cookbook by Crissy Teigen 3. Salt & Pepper shakers 4. ‘Next’ by Nature, Dark chocolate espresso beans 5. Farmacy ‘Sleep Tight’, firming night balmÂ and Â 6. Royal Apothic ‘Field Poppy hydrating hand creme’.
At first I was a little bummed because I knew I wouldn’t really use any of this stuff. Â I have a ton of towels and cookbooks, I am kind of particular about my dishware and this doesn’t match my ‘set’. Â Another thing, they sent me two salt shakers instead of 1 salt and 1 pepper. Â That sends my OCD seriously out of control. Â I have emailed PopSugar about the possibility of sending back one salt to receive a pepper so maybe I can pass this on to a friend. Â The espresso beans are good and were a nice treat. Â I liked the firming night balm and last but not least I will be taking the hand lotion to work because the floral smell was WAY too overpowering.
I will order one more month just to see if this is the typical type of box PopSugar sends but, I think this would be a more appropriate choice for a person just starting to establish their home and beauty regimes…It was a good product and definitely quality products for the amount of money I paid. Â I think I will check out the ‘MINI’ version after I have finished my review of the other 5 boxes. Â I like the option of paying for more smaller sample size products so I can try them in sample size and if I don’t like them, I didn’t pay for an entire full size product I don’t like.
- Noon Designs ‘Lemons’ Flour Sack Tea Towel-$18.00 www.noondesignshop.com
- Cookbook by Chrissy Teigen. ‘Chrissy Teigen’s Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat-14.99 www.amazon.com
- Must Have Home-Canvas Home Tinware Salt & Pepper Shakers-$11.07 www.amazon.com/canvas-home-enamelware/
- ‘Next’ by Nature, Dark chocolate espresso beans-30.00/12 packs of 3 oz. packs www.chocolateoutletexpress.com
- Farmacy ‘Sleep Tight’, firming night balm- $48.00 Â Â Â www.farmacybeauty.com
- Royal Apothic ‘Field Poppy Conservatories Hand Creme’-$24.00 www.royalapothic.com
- *bonus gift* Bloom That-$20 Gift Card-free
I didn’t give verty good details about where to buy the items in this box and I found when I clicked on the links listed on the website, I couldn’t find some of the items.
- ‘Lemons’ Flour Sack Tea Towel– Meh. Â I could take it or leave it. Â I would not go through the effort to go buy another online. Â It is the same as every other flour sack tea towel I have ever used.
- Cookbook by Chrissy Teigen- I enjoyed reading this cookbook and the recipes look amazing. Â I have no doubts they will be super fattening and delicious. Â My low-carb diet is not allowing me to cook from this book right now. Â This book was filled with fun pics and stories in addition to many recipes. Â I would buy this book as Â a gift (because I already own it for myself:)
- Must Have Home Salt & Pepper Shakers- I received two salt shakers in my box and recieved not response when emailing company about mistake. Â These don’t match my dinnerware or kitchen so I am planning using these for a hair powder that came with a very poor way to apply. Â The 2nd one will be donated to my daughter for glitter art projects.
- Â Dark Chocolate Espresso Beans- These were yummy, and although I wouldnt’ be likely to spend the energy to go about ordering them online, I found they make TONS of different chocolate covered yummies ie, chocolate covered ginger, chocolate covered quinoa… I may be curious enough to order those online.
- Farmacy Firming night balm– This product itself more than paid for the entire box being $48. Â I also really like it. Â A very small amount goes a long way. Â In addition the smell is glorious. Â Â Every timeÂ I put it on I feel like I’m at a spa. Â It also feels good on my face, be careful not to apply too much though, it is kind of greasy.
- Poppy Hand Creme– I did not like this. Â The smell was very overpowering. Â I knew instantly I would not be able to use this product and took it to work for someone else to enjoy.
I will try another box and see what I recieve. Â If the next box is similar to this one, I will cancel my subscription. Â I absolutely feel the box is a great deal, but found I only really liked one product and found a purpose for the other items, but could have Â lived without them.